It is because they are fast and reliable and compatible with the majority of the devices. With Linksys extender setup re 6700, you can expect throughput of up to 25 feet. Beyond that also, you enjoy coverage at good range. If you haven’t tried Linksys extender setup re 6700 before, try this time and feel the difference in your wifi signal range.
How to setup Linksys RE6500?
Extenders are used to extend the coverage area of your existing Wi-Fi signal. If you are experiencing no or weak signal in some areas of your home then Linksys RE6500 is a solution to your this problem. The setup is easy and you can have a running Linksys extender in no time. You can use extender.linksys.com or default IP for your extender to setup the extender. There are four Gigabit Ethernet ports present at the back of the router to connect up to four devices to your router through an Ethernet cable. You will have two frequency bands, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz band.
Linksys extender setup: Model No-RE6500
You just need to follow some simple steps given here to make your Linksys RE6500 running. If you have any doubt while following the steps, immediately contact our support team to clear the same.
- Take out extender, adapter, antennas and power adapter from the box. Attach the antennas in the upright direction to the extender.
- Position your extender midway between your router and the black zone (no internet area). This is considered as the best position to place your extender.
- Supply power to the extender and wait till the LED light turns green.
- Turn on your computer and connect it to the range extender using Ethernet cable. Make sure your computer is not connected to any other network while this process.
- Open a browser from this device. You can also use a tablet or mobile phone for this process. Type http //extender.linksys.com in the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) bar. Hit enter key from the keyboard.
- Start the setup by clicking on the start button.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Spot finder page displays which determines the signal strength between router and extender.
- Click on next after entering the password in the provided password field.
- You can now configure the extended network on the next step if you want. You can also skip this step.
- Create an admin password and click next.